Matrix Placemat


My third weaving! This is a placemat with Matrix design. Here, I used the clasped weft technique for the first time. It is very simple, but interesting method to add some interest to your weaving. I learned that from Kelly Casanova's YouTube videos. Thanks to her a lot! Used CotLin by Knit Picks DK, 70% Cotton, 30% Linen / Flax, Blackberry and Sprout colorways. The yarn created surprising amount of purple and green dust bunnies during the weaving. I am a new weaver and don't really know if it is going to be the same situation weaving with any yarn? Hopefully not. And I understand that there are some artificial fibers that create smooth and sleek yarn that doesn't shed, but I'm not interested in those, even slightly bit. I prefer to work with natural fibers such as wool. silk, cotton. Most of all I love wool. I love it so much just a thought of anything wool related makes me feel some tickles inside. 

More details on specs of this project at my Ravelry page.

via Gfycat

Comments

Popular Posts