A Kitchen Towel

This is my second weaving experience 

This is a short story about my second weaving project.

I intended to create a kitchen towel using CotLin by KnitPicks on 7.5 reed. It was a fast and pleasant weave. My edges were way better, and the fabric I was creating was more balanced and even this time.

After washing, the fabric tightened up beautifully, and some tweed pattern appeared, which I think is very lovely. 

But then I tried to wipe my hands with it... and it left fuzz all over them 😖 I guess it's not going to be a kitchen towel anymore. Maybe a placemat? 


However, my fellow weavers that have more experience are convinced that a second wash and dry will help to resolve this issue. Let's see. Somehow, I doubt it.







So, what kind of yarn is being used by experienced weavers to create premium quality kitchen towels? I pocked around to find out what is recommended. It turned out that the most popular yarn is 8/2 Unmercerized Cotton from Maurice Brassard et Fils Inc. 1680 yards (1536 meters), 227 grams (8.01 ounces), thread weight, 100% Cotton. And this is the yarn I'm going to use for my dish towels. Already ordered!


Comments

Popular Posts